Engineering is the combination of Science, Maths and Technology to develop solutions in multiple fields. Engineering courses are broadly categorized into Information Technology, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Electronics, and various other streams. Some of the emerging specializations in this field include Biotechnology, Genetics, and Biomedicine.
- Engineering courses in India are majorly available offline as classroom and practical sessions.
- Post Graduate Diplomas and Certificate courses are available in online form in both India and Abroad.
- The duration of Engineering courses varies at each level. Graduation Engineering courses are of average 4 years duration.
Engineering graduates and postgraduates get different job roles like Construction Manager, Site Engineer, Lecturers, Professor, Specialist, System Database Administrators, Research Associate, Computer Engineer.
Engineering skills depend upon your specialization. Still, some of the key skills include Computer Science, Statistics, Physical Data Modeling, Advanced Physics, Nanotechnology, Programs Languages, Structural Analysis, etc.
Undergraduate Engineering Courses are of 2 types based on the degree conferred, BE and BTech,(i.e)
- Bachelor of Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology.
Bachelor Engineering Courses
With more than 4,000 colleges offering Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Technology courses, India presents a huge capacity of creating skilled Engineers each year.
- Bachelor courses in engineering offer the highest job potential among all the levels.
- These are of 4 years duration and are offered after completing Intermediate Graduate level.
- Lateral Entry to the second year is given for the students coming from the Diploma stream.
- While the first-year course is common to all branches, specialization comes in from the second year.
Admissions in Bachelor Engineering
Admissions to the Bachelor Engineering courses are done through Common Entrance Exams. Some colleges accept admissions even based on merit percentages from the previous qualifying exam.
- Students who wish to study abroad need to appear for GRE.
- Students who wish to apply for entrance exams at the National Level can appear for JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, TNEA, MHT CET, UPSEE, etc.
- Students who may not be able to apply for national-level exams can still give entrance exams which are limited to University level and State level. There are more than 100 entrance exams in this category.
The basic requirement for the entrance exams is that the student should have completed the 12th standard board exam with a minimum of 50% marks.